Saturday, May 24, 2014

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO CELEBRATE?

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO CELEBRATE?





Kids know how to celebrate!  Kids will celebrate anything and everything.  They jump up and down.  They yell!  They move their arms!  They make up songs and chants!  And then we teach them to be quiet.  To be subdued.  And those children become adults.  They become us.

My best friend is Marisela.  Even though she is young enough to be my daughter, she is like my sister.  We usually see each other at least once a week.  It doesn’t matter how long it’s been, we jump up and down, hugging each other and laughing!  This is when I most feel alive!  It’s a feeling that is hard to describe in words.   It reminds me of how little kids act when they see one of their friends.

Today I caught the tail end of Tony Robbins.   What he was talking about really crystallized why I love it when I see Marisela!  He said, “Emotion is created by motion.  You can change your state in a heartbeat.    You have the gift; you just aren’t using it enough.  You aren’t moving enough.  The trigger is MOVEMENT.”   He said, “Go into a peak state.  Celebrate with movement and noise.  Celebrate for no good reason.”  That is profound.  Most adults rarely celebrate anything.  Not with the abandon that kids do!

Forget about what people will think about you.  MOVE!  DANCE!  SING!  I am known for doing all three in the grocery store!  I will tell you 3 people from Skinny Fiber that I have met that know how to CELEBRATE!  It’s in their voice!  It’s in their movement!  It’s in their enthusiasm.  One is Ben Glinsky.  If you don’t get excited when Ben speaks, you need to see a dr.  lol  He makes you want to jump up and move.  Another that I met in Charlotte was Ury Melendez!   This guy could make the dead jump up and sell Skinny Fiber!  And the third is Lorinda Fleming.  Some of you may not know that this incredible woman and chef is in a wheel chair.  In Charlotte we had a dance.  Many people sat at their tables just looking miserable during the dance.  I wish that they had all come out on the floor and danced.  Well, Lorinda did!  She danced the night fantastic!  It is almost impossible to be down and depressed if you are yelling, moving, and dancing!

Apply it to every area of your life.  Instead of responding to “how are you doing?” with “oh, I’m ok”, try saying “I’m great!  Life is good and I am blessed.”  I can tell you from my experience that what you think about and talk about is what you are about.    Start your day with gratitude and acknowledge your blessings.  When you do, you attract more blessings into your life to be grateful for.

Everything in your life can be a celebration.  It’s up to you to decide, do I celebrate or wallow in self pity?  I lived much of my life in the pit of self pity.  I am now choosing to celebrate all of my life.  You don’t have to wait until you are Crown Diamond or even Platinum or Gold to celebrate!  Celebrate that you found Skinny Fiber!  Celebrate every notch your belt goes down.  Celebrate every sale.  Celebrate that you can see your collar bones!  Celebrate when someone thanks you for your posts.  You can celebrate anything!  I’ve been celebrating those 3 ingredient Nutella muffins all week.    Lol My whole family loves them and I just dance when I make them!

What are you waiting for?  Get up every day and CELEBRATE, CELEBRATE, DANCE TO THE MUSIC!!!


copyrighted 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment