Wednesday, May 21, 2014

CAN YOU ALWAYS SEE GROWTH AS IT IS HAPPENING?

CAN YOU ALWAYS SEE GROWTH AS IT IS HAPPENING?




Last night I was thinking about my Skinny Fiber business and my weight loss.  I was thinking how slow both are going.  Or to me it seems that way!  We often get discouraged when we have a goal and we don’t see movement as quickly as we like.  Sometimes we even think, why bother!  I’m making no progress!

I had been going through pictures of my daughter when she was a toddler to post for her birthday today (Happy Birthday, Pookie!).  I thought about how I had watched her grow from a baby 25 inches long to 5’7” as a woman.  Then it dawned on me.  Her growth was very gradual.  I didn’t actually notice her growing from 25 inches to 30 inches.  Her growth was only obvious when I took her to the doctor or I measured her on the wall.

Losing weight, growing your business or pretty much any goal you have is like watching a child grow.  You don’t actually see the process of them growing.  You notice it when compared to something…like their pants getting shorter or their tops getting shorter.  It is the same with losing weight or growing your SBC business.

How many times have we read about people who didn’t think they had lost much weight or many inches?  Then they took pictures to compare to their before and were amazed with the difference!

When you get discouraged or feel like giving up, go back and see how far you have come in your pursuit of your goals.     I bet you have made more progress than you think you have.  And then be sure to remind yourself that although your progress is slow, you are still moving towards that goal! That is what matters!

copyrighted 2014
caryn cannatella

www.caryncann.com/?SOURCE=BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment