Thursday, June 19, 2014

I FEEL GOOD!

I FEEL GOOD!






Today my boss asked me, "why do you want to jog?"  I thought about that for a minute.  There are several reason why.

The last time I had run was when I was 10 years old in a relay race.  I want to see if I could do it again at 61.   I've always thought running/jogging would be BORING.  I was shocked.  I love being outside looking at the grass, the branches on the sidewalk, the butterfly that flew by our faces last night.  Now, I'm not sure I would like jogging on a treadmill.  It's the being outside that I love.  I have actually realized that I really enjoy jogging.

I can't tell you what a great feeling it is to be out shaking my tail feathers around the neighborhood.  I really hope I inspire one or two to get out and walk the neighborhood.  I hope they say, “If she can do it, I can do it!”  That would be a bonus!

I know that you can get injured, you can fall, you can injure your knees.  I'm not worried.  And you know what?  I don't care.  I take precautions and warm up.  I am no longer denying myself any experiences that previously kept me on the sidelines, just watching.  Even at my age, I can choose to live life fully.  And for me, right now, that includes jogging.  And I feel good about it. 

Watch out world, I’m finally ready to conquer you!

copyrighted 2014
caryn cannatella

No comments:

Post a Comment