Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I’M STILL RUNNING AND I’M NOT BEING CHASED!

I’M STILL RUNNING AND I’M NOT BEING CHASED!






Ran my 1/2 mile last night. I'm going to be honest with you. In the evening my brain starts saying, "Lets not run." "Let's take a nap" "I'm tired." At 8pm I put my running clothes and shoes on.
That first 5 minutes or so is the hardest. I feel like I am just pounding the pavement with a big bag of rocks on my back. But something happens after about 5 minutes. I get in a zone and it becomes easier. Not just easier, but I like it.
When I turn into my driveway and run up that huge hill (ok, it's just an incline but feels like a hill), I act like I'm Rocky! By the time I get to the front door, I'm breathing hard, tired and start sweating. My sweating comes after I run and I continue to sweat for over an hour. I admit I like that feeling of my wet clothes on my body. It reminds me that I can still produce sweat from exercise!
I think Thursday and Friday night I'm going to go for 3/4 of a mile.
Now who would have ever guessed that a 61 year old woman who hasn't run in 50 years and weighs 237 pounds could be out there running?
Well I am and I'm going to keep running. Who knows? A half marathon might be in my future!

copyrighted 2014


caryn cannatella

Join me and start losing weight.  www.caryncann.com

No comments:

Post a Comment