Wednesday, April 15, 2015

BEAUTY ISN’T MEASURED IN POUNDS!

BEAUTY ISN’T MEASURED IN POUNDS!







Why do we believe this?  Because everywhere we look that is what we are told. 

When we go to the dr, they weigh us and that is what they make their determination on.  They don't ask "have you lost weight?"  They just assume you are a big fat pig who never does anything but stuff your face.  “You need to lose weight.”   “I am.”  “You need to lose more.”   I bite my tongue and hold back stinging tears.  What I want to say is, “Bite me!”   But I don’t.  Because when you are fat, anyone and everyone has the ultimate weapon against you.  All they have to say is “YEAH, BUT YOU ARE FAT!”  End of discussion; end of argument.  You go home and lick your wounds.  And sometimes the spoon after you eat that pint of ice cream.

They never ask if you are doing any exercise.  They ASSUME that if you are fat, you are lazy and certainly could not be walking, or jogging or working out.   You should see the faces of people (and drs) when I tell them I jog and that I have completed a 5K.  They give me that poor pitiful look like “sure you have”.   Sometimes knowing the truth is all you have.  Hang on to it.

And I've never had one dr in 62 years ever comment about my beauty.  Not my nails, not my hair, not my make-up, not my clothes, not my smile, not NOTHING!

Then look at tv, magazines, award shows. newspapers, etc.  Models and celebrities are photo shopped and air brushed to make them look thinner, prettier, younger, etc.   And then we, the everyday woman, thinks that is what we should look like.   And if we had a nutritionist, chef, hair stylist, make-up artist, trainer, someone picking out our clothes for us, an air brush artist, a photo shop expert, etc., we would be looking darn good too!

Our beauty is not limited to the house we live in.  Just like the home we live in, the house our inner self abides in does not tell the entire story.  Haven't you seen a beautiful home before and you knew the family inside didn't not reflect the outside appearance?  Same goes for us and our bodies.

Instead of always looking at your body and defining and judging yourself based on the pounds on the scale, why not try looking at the REAL you who resides inside your body.  Being fat does not mean you are automatically a good person.   However, I know many many overweight people who are the salt of the earth, nicest, most giving people around.  They will give you whatever they have and go without.  Many times they do it without a thank you and sadly, many of us do not even expect a thank you.

The next time you step on that scale and you start to judge yourself for the numbers going up or staying the same, just take one minute to stand in front of the mirror and say out loud: 

I AM NOT JUST A PERSON WHOSE BODY IS FAT.  I'M A GOOD, LOVING, LOYAL AND GIVING PERSON.  Embrace that part of YOU.  Your spirit.  Your being. 

Remind yourself of that daily.   Let that sparkle from knowing this dance in your eyes!  Others will see it even if they don't acknowledge it.  The most important thing is that YOU know it, see it and acknowledge it.

Your beauty is not measured by the numbers on a scale.  Only numbers are. 

copyrighted 2014
caryn cannatella

Skinny Fiber Sales:  www.caryncann2.com

No comments:

Post a Comment