Wednesday, September 2, 2015

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WAIT!






Kathy, my friend of over 30 years, called me today to tell me her husband, Joe, had passed away. I'm so sad for her and their daughter.  My heart is just breaking.  They were married 38 years ago tomorrow.  He was only 61.

ONLY 61!  He was planning to retire this year so they could do all the things they hadn't done when they were working.

Please don't wait to do those things you are planning to do when you retire.  Start doing them now.  Travel.  Spend time with your friends and family.  Go to dinner with your kids.  Take that painting class you have talked about for years.  Learn to dance.  Go to the movies by yourself.  Walk in the park and pretend you are the four again.   Roll in the leaves.   Skip rocks across the water of a pond.  Be silly. Stop caring what people think of you.  Live like this might be your last day.

The hardest lesson I learned when Jim passed away last year is that i am going to die.  I have a finite amount of time left on this beautiful earth and I don't want to spend it working, being angry, unhappy or lonely.  I want every day to count.

Don't wait to start living until sometime in the future.  It might be too late.

Rest in peace, Joe Barrios.  You were a good man, husband and daddy.  Gone too soon but never forgotten. You will be sorely missed. 

copyrighted 2015
caryn cannatella

Skinny Fiber Sales:  www.caryncann2.com

Weight Loss Support Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarynsChamps

No comments:

Post a Comment