Thursday, October 9, 2014

WHEN PEOPLE LEAVE YOUR LIFE

WHEN PEOPLE LEAVE YOUR LIFE






Today on my way in to work I started thinking about some people who chose to leave my life and the lives of my children.  The first couple of years after this happened, I admit it bothered me.  It made me sad.  I finally decided that all I could do was accept and respect their choice and move on.

While I was roaming around those memories, the song "He lifts me up" came on the radio.  I started thinking about how I have been lifted up during this past 15 years without them in my life.  I have been blessed with friends coming into my life who are like family.  Men and women.  Older and younger.  When I need them, they are always there for me.  I have a beautiful woman who is only 5 years older than me who calls me her daughter.  It makes my heart so full.  My children have always been the center of my life and they are even more so now as they grow into adults. 

I thought, it's true that I have lost those 3 people from my life.  But look what I have in return.  Brothers and sisters, a mother, friends who know the true meaning of friendship.  And I have a rock solid relationship with my kids. 

Sometimes we look at what we have lost rather than what we have gained.  My life is overflowing with blessings and love.  Don't waste a day thinking or mourning for something that was.  Spend your time thinking about what is.  Open your heart and life up to the possibilities of the blessings that can come to you when you stop trying to relive the past.  Move into the now and see what has come into your life that maybe, just maybe, you would have missed out on if others hadn't left your life.

And then take a big ole' breath and exhale while you say, "I am truly blessed".  Because you are.

copyrighted 2014
caryn cannatella

Skinny Fiber Sales:  www.caryncann.com

No comments:

Post a Comment