Monday, August 25, 2014

I COMPLETED MY FIRST 5K!

I COMPLETED MY FIRST 5K!





I did it!  I finished my first 5K jogging all the way in less than 45 minutes!  That's a 15 min mile....my goal!   It was a .75 mile walk each way, to and from the event and another 1.5 or so miles just walking everywhere.  The event lasted 5.5 hours and when we finished the event, WE LEFT!  It continued on with music for another hour!  My miles today were 7.7, the most ever!

So here's what I want to say to everyone.  Don't let anyone or anything keep you from setting goals and working to meet them.  Who would have ever believed that a 61 yr old woman who weighed 235 pounds and couldn’t walk a block a year ago and hadn’t run in 50 years could have started this course 6 weeks ago at zero and achieved completing a 5K, jogging all the way?  

I have learned that 90% is mental and 10% is physical.  If you can achieve the mental, you can achieve the physical.  It's always the mental that keeps you from accomplishing your goals!

Next goal?  A 10K by the end of October.  Uh huh, these legs will look great for that cruise in November!  Now who is gonna join me in moving their body for the next 10 weeks?

copyrighted 2014
caryn cannatella

Skinny Fiber Sales:  www.caryncann.com

No comments:

Post a Comment