Thursday, June 18, 2015

MY STORY

MY STORY








Most of us have a story to tell about our weight, our struggles and our hopes.  


Between the second and third grade my abdomen grew exponentially to my body. I can remember sitting at my desk with my belly lying on my thighs.  I knew something wasn’t right. 


Third grade was the first time I was put on a diet. It became an ongoing thing as long as I lived at home.  I was called fatty, fatso, etc. Yeah, those words hurt but no more so than hearing people say, “You have such a pretty face, but…..” Oh I knew what was came after that but….BUT YOU’RE FAT!


School was not a happy place. Home was not a happy place. I tried my best to blend into the walls and just not be noticed! Because when you are fat and you get into an argument or confrontation as a kid, you know the ultimate blow will be, “WELL YOU’RE FAT!”   Knock out!  There is nothing to say after that! 


I was a sad girl who tried to get people to love me by giving gifts and making gifts.  I remember one Christmas I had been up until early morning finishing all the beautiful gifts I had made.  Ponchos, shawls, foot stools, trinket boxes, clothes, etc.  I went to bed after opening gifts and didn’t wake up until the meal was already being served.  As I walked into the dining room, I heard my brother say loudly, HURRY AND EAT, HERE COMES CARYN!  I don’t think I even ate that day, but I never forgot the words and they still sting 45 years later.


I began a journey to find that thin person that was locked away somewhere inside my body.  The things I have done to my body in the quest to overcome being fat.  Starvation (fasting 6 days a week and eating one day). Diet pills, every kind that was on the market.  Fad diets.  Weight Watchers.  Nutrisystem.  Counting calories.  Hynosis.  Experimental drugs that nearly killed me.  Even having my stomach stapled.  None of it worked long term.  Back in 1999 and 2000, I decided to eat clean and exercise. I lost about 100 pounds but I was exercising 6+ hours a day.  I wasn’t working then unless you count exercising! Lol


When I hit 60 I decided, I’M DONE!  No more trying to lose weight. No more depriving myself.  No more diets.  No more anything!  I’d just take my chances.


And then Skinny Fiber came along. I thought.  Ok, I’ll try it and if it doesn’t work, I’ll return it and get my money back.  Even though I’m a diabetic and have an almost non-existent thyroid, I have lost about 60 pounds in the past 18 months.  I’m thrilled to be off my blood pressure medicine,  arthritis medicine, and acid reflux medicine.  My thyroid dose has been decreased.  My fibromyalgia is about gone.  I’m on my way to losing more weight and getting to the size I want to be.  Even my dr. is amazed with my progress!


And I move my body!   Walking or jogging.  Dancing like a fool.   I’m moving my body like nobody is watching.  And if they are, in my mind they are all yelling, “YOU GO, GIRL!”


So what is your story with your weight? What struggles have you faced in the battle to lose weight? It doesn’t matter whether it is 10 pounds or 100 pounds, our struggles are the same. 


And know this:   there is hope.   No matter how old or young you are.  No matter how fat you are.  No matter how little you are now moving.   There is hope.  I'm proof of it.


Help someone while you help yourself and share your own story.  Or just put it into words for yourself.  You will be glad you did.  I am.



copyrighted 2015
caryn cannatella

Skinny Fiber Sales:  www.caryncann2.com

Weight Loss Support Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarynsChamps

No comments:

Post a Comment